How To Roll A Blunt
If you're new to the world of cannabis, you might be wondering how to roll a blunt. A blunt is a cigar that has been emptied of its original tobacco and filled with cannabis. Rolling a blunt is a popular way to consume cannabis, but it can be intimidating if you've never done it before. Don't worry, though – we've got you covered. In this article, we'll take a look at the different types of wraps, the science behind mixing cannabis and tobacco, and the tools you'll need to roll a perfect blunt.
Looking to learn how to roll a joint instead? Click Here!
Mixing Cannabis and Nicotine
When rolling a blunt, you have to go out of your way to avoid mixing cannabis and nicotine. To many, this combination enhances the flavor of both and allows for a stout but enjoyable smoking session.
When you mix cannabis and tobacco, you're combining two psychoactive substances: THC and nicotine. THC is the compound in cannabis that produces a high, while nicotine is the compound in tobacco that produces a buzz. When these two substances are combined, they can have a synergistic effect, meaning that they can enhance each other's effects beyond what they are both individually capable of.
- Both tobacco use and cannabis stimulate the release of endorphins in the brain. While both cannabis and tobacco have been shown to stimulate the release of beta-endorphins, cannabis also seems to release dynorphins.
- Beta-endorphins are known to produce feelings of pleasure, euphoria, and pain relief, while dynorphins have been shown to modulate mood, anxiety, and stress responses.
However, it's important to note that mixing cannabis and tobacco can also have negative effects. Nicotine is highly addictive, and combining it with cannabis can lead to increased addiction potential. Additionally, smoke of any kind is harmful to the lungs.
What You'll Need
Before you start rolling, you'll need to gather some things. Here are some essential items you'll need:
- Blunt wraps: Choose a wrap that fits your preferences and tastes. Some of the most popular are listed below
- Cannabis: Choose a high-quality strain, such as Loud Supply's CBD, CBG, or Delta 8 flower.
- Lighter: You'll need a lighter, or torch, to light your blunt.
*Optional tools to help get the job done*
- Grinder: A grinder will help you grind your cannabis evenly.
- Rolling Tray: A tray will help you keep your rolling area clean and organized.
- Blunt Splitter:
Types of Wraps
Blunt wraps come in a variety of flavors and sizes. Here are some of the most popular types of wraps:
- Cigarillos: Cigarillos are small cigars that are often sold in packs. Some popular brands include:
- Swisher Sweets
- White Owl
- Garcia y Vega
- Dutch Masters (My Favorite!)
- Good Times
- Zig Zag Blunt Wraps
- Hemp Wraps: Hemp wraps are made from hemp and are a popular choice for those who prefer a natural option. They come in a variety of flavors and are often vegan-friendly.
- Flavored Wraps: Flavored wraps come in a variety of flavors, such as grape, peach, and cherry. They don't have any tobacco or nicotine inside of the wrap, and typically come rolled around a straw. These are a popular choice for those who prefer a sweeter taste.
- Juicy Jay's
- Game Cigars
- Zig Zag Wraps
- Good Times
Now that you have all of your wrap and your bud ready, it's time to start rolling. Here is a step-by-step guide:
1)Break down your cannabis.
- Use a grinder, or your fingers, to break down your cannabis into small, even pieces.
- For the best smoking experience, breakdown at least some of the material by hand.
- If using a cigarillo, split one side open long ways, and remove the tobacco from your wrap.
- Moisten the long edges with your tongue (or a damp paper towel, if you or someone you are with is weird about germs)
- Place your ground cannabis in the wrap, spreading it evenly throughout. I highly recommend putting a couple chunkier pieces of the bud on the "mouthpiece" side, which will keep the smaller bits from going to the back of your throat whenever you take a hit
- Tuck one corner of the wrap, around the cannabis, until it touches the other side, start at the "mouthpiece" mentioned in step 3. Make this portion slightly tighter than the rest of the blunt
- Use your fingers to continue tucking the the wrap around the cannabis. Continue until you’ve reached the other side. This step will not stick the wrap 100%, but will mold the cannabis to the right shape
- After you have rolled the blunt, it's time to seal it up. Starting back at the mouthpiece, licking inside of the blunt wrap and applying some pressure to make sure it stays sealed. Continue this step, working to the other side, until the whole blunt is sealed
- You're almost done! Now, all you have to do is let your spit dry. I recommend simply waiting 10-15 minutes.
- You can also dry the blunt out with a lighter if you're in a hurry. Personally, this seems to dry out the tobacco and cause it to burn faster, so I prefer just letting it dry.
Congratulations, you've successfully rolled a blunt! Now, it's time to light it up and enjoy your hard work.
Wrapping it up
Rolling a blunt is an art form that requires practice and patience. By following these simple steps and using the right materials, you can create a perfect blunt every time. Remember to use high-quality cannabis and cigar wraps for the best smoking experience. Also, be aware of the effects of mixing cannabis and tobacco, and always consume in moderation.
At Loud Supply, we offer the highest quality CBD and Delta 8 flower to enhance your smoking experience. Our products, such as our CBD flower, CBG flower, and Delta 8 flower, are carefully crafted to deliver the best possible effects while maintaining competitive prices. With our premium products and expert guidance, you can roll the perfect blunt every time.